Les Provinces de France
Imagine that you are studying to be an ambassador. In order to become acquainted with the people of the region of the country which you will visit and reside, your first assignment is to report on the customs, religions, foods, cities, flags, maps, and current events of the region you have selected for your ambassadorship. The customs vary from region to region. You are going to report on the province of France called __________________ .
1. Report cover (plastic)
3. Colored pencils
1. COVER PAGE: the flag of the province must be the cover for your report;
2. CITIES: the first hand-written page of your report must cover the capital of the province and two of the region’s major cities;
3. CUSTOMS/RELIGIONS: the second hand-written page must give details of the province’s customs, holidays, festivals, religions, and any points of interest, perhaps famous authors or politicians that have come from the region;
4. FOODS: the third hand-written page must describe ethnic foods and popular dishes of the region;
5. ECONOMY: the fourth hand-written page must describe the resources of the region; what are the region’s natural resources? popular products? what is produced in the region?
6. CURRENT EVENTS: this fifth page is extra credit! Find and print an article in the recent news (no more than three months old!) and summarize the main action of the news feature. (Include the article and your one-page summary/paragraph.)
*Make the report as detailed as you can, but please limit the information you choose to report. YOU MUST CITE THE RESOURCES USED! DO THIS ON THE BOTTOM OF EACH PAGE!
* One, hand-written page per section will be sufficient.
* Bind the report with a plastic report cover to make the presentation complete!
* This page the last page of your report, so the grading rubric will be included.
DUE DATE: Tuesday, November 26, 2013
We will use the following rubric:
Flag / 10
Cities / 20
Customs / 20
Foods / 25
Economy / 20
Neatness, clarity, creativity / 5
TOTAL: / 100
Autour du Monde!